4 Things I Learned In 4 Years of Business
Four years ago, I sat at my kitchen table and decided to use my 15 years of industry experience to embark on a new journey called small business ownership.
People often share their success stories in business, but no one warns you of the hurdles you will have to overcome. Through these challenging and exciting 4 years, this journey taught me more than I could have ever imagined.
I could share a year’s worth of advice because the lessons are endless; but I have decided to consolidate it into four pieces of advice from the last four years.
- When planning your business always write in pencil. Reality has a way of making our best laid plans change quickly. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Being flexible as you get started is paramount.
- Get comfortable with uncomfortable. There is a learning curve to the entire process of building a small business. You will make mistakes and that’s OK. That’s how you learn and grow. Be easy on yourself as you begin.
- Keep overhead low but invest in people. For a small business in particular, people make the business.
- Balance passion and wisdom. Wisdom will point you in the right direction, but passion will move you forward. When making a decision, trust what you feel in the pit of your stomach.
No business makes it 4 years without the support of everyone around them. Thank you to our current and former employees, container suppliers, delivery partners, the PJT crew, our customers and of course, my family. I am immensely proud of the success of Jake Containers and to everyone who has been part of this journey from the beginning, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Why Jake Containers?
Why Choosing A Local Company Matters
- Want a picture of your exact container? No problem, just ask. See if others can do that for you.
- Want to visit us an pick out your storage container? Come on by!
- If container arrives NOT in condition sold, reject it and we will bring back to our yard.
- We stand behind what we sell. See our condition guarantee.
- Our local carriers are pre-approved and checked for safety records and valid insurance.
- Need a container repair? Call us, we can send folks out. Can national brokers do this for you?
- Not sure if you want to rent vs. buy? We offer both, try renting and then convert to purchase
Working with the Jake team brings you local, reliable service. We put our customers first and have the testimonials to back it up.